Thursday, August 18, 2005

Still Searching. . . . .

Yes, the search continues. I've applied to over a dozen places in the last week, not counting the on-line apps I've filled out. I may have to resort to *gasp* temp agencies next week. NOOOOO!

I do have to say "thank you" to Contagion, by the way. He emailed me while I was job hunting on-line to let me know that there was a job fair where he works. I hot-footed it over, filled out an application, took their little customer service test, and left feeling not too bad. Well, yesterday I got a call. They want me to come back and take the data entry test late next week. COOL! One problem. . . . I type MAYBE 50 wpm. Oh well, I'll go and do the best I can.

Me, a Customer Service Rep. Not something I ever thought I'd be doing. I'm not long on patience, and people just tend to piss me off, especially STUPID people (I can be just as hard on myself, so stop with the "your so judgemental" bullshit). Paradoxically, I also like to help people when they need it. Yeah, I have a contradictory personallity. Deal with it.

You see, I can deal with one person at a time as that allows me to focus on what they need/want (and isn't that what a CSR does). It's people in large GROUPS that I can't stand -- people who flock together like sheep and won't think for themselves. Who said, "Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups"?

Anyway, me, a CSR.

Me: Company X, this is Wes, how may I help you?
L.OL. (Little Old Lady): I'm having trouble reading my statement.
Me: Do you use eye glasses?
L.O.L: Why yes, I do.
Me: Then put. them. ON!

"Is he joking?"

3 comments:

  1. Wait until you get a promotion and get to determine if the saggy boobed chicks looking for boob job approval come a'callin'.

    Can't wait for the posts THEN.

    Muahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Servicing the customer? Yeeaah, it's about time I got to SCREW someone, for a change! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask Contagion about the saggy boobed chicks. LOL.

    ReplyDelete