Saturday, November 19, 2005

Weekly Chuckle

Yeah, I know it's been awhile. Deal with it. Hope you both enjoy this.

Little Golden Books That Never Made It

1. You Are Different and That's Bad
2. The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
3. Dad's New Wife Robert
4. Fun four-letter Words to Know and Share
5. Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An I-Can-Do-It Book
6. The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking
7. Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence
8. Some Kittens Can Fly
9. Garfield Gets Feline Leukemia
10. The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
11. Strangers Have the Best Candy
12. Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way
13. You Were an Accident
14. Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will
15. Pop! Goes The Hamster...And Other Great Microwave Games
16. Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School
17. Places Where Mommy and Daddy Hide Neat Things

And last but not least:

18. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry

11 comments:

  1. I can't understand why parents wouldn't buy these for their kids. I would totally get everyone of them and read them nightly to my four year old. He would love it. Of course, I could also read them to tut, he would appreciate them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know whether to be offended by that comment or flattered. i would like someone reading these to me.
    GB, what are you doing in your current line of work? get out while there is still time and write these for god's sake! the world's children need this information. (i could draw some pictures too if you wanted)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tut, don't be offended, it was a compliment. I could totally see us reading these to our kids and not seeing anything wrong with it. We would just be informing them of the real world and their place in it. Not sure though if I would let my kids see the pictures you drew, I know how your mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. syn- i'd use real life photos for some kittens can fly. just imagine the looks on their faces! (kittens and little ones)
    GB- have you seen hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? if so, can you tell me what kind of coat zaphod bebblebrox was wearing at the end? the long, wavy white fur one? i must have one but i can't find a source for one anywhere, not even pictures of one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tut: Nope, haven't seen it, but if I could guess; baby harp seals (that's what I'd choose, anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how they look at you with those big, wide, innocent eyes, then......WHAMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually, somebody said it is mohair but i can't find anything. it is beginning to consume me. i will have one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tut: they're not so cuddly with their heads stove in though, but at least the coats are still toasty.

    BTW, what the hell's a *mo* and how many would you have to gig to make a coat like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. good question, bert. don't know what they are but don't really care either as long as they or their hide will keep me warm and look good while doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a funny list! Pop goes the hamster, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that coat indeed looks very good. did you ever found more info on it??

    ReplyDelete