Monday, February 27, 2006

Who Was I Talkin' To......

At the last blogmeet, I was talking to someone (maybe Harvey, could've been T1G) about musical humor. If there's an instrument, there're jokes about it.

I'd forgotten about the comic strip Zookman, done by Mike Tackett for a couple of years starting in 2000. There are 15 episodes, all of which are funny if you have even a slight knowledge of Irish musicians and their (er, our) habits.

A "zook" refers to a Bouzouki, an instrument of Greek origin, much beloved by "special" Irish musicians everywhere.

(Actually, I love the sound of the things; just don't tell anybody!)

3 comments:

  1. That was me.

    I wrote down the word "Zookman" on a piece of paper, looked at it a few days after Wolf Park, & had no idea what it meant.

    But I *did* Google it and found a cartoon that mentioned Irish music.

    At that point I figured I got it from you, but I wasn't sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it was me. Did it make any sense to you when you found it?

    I guess I'll have to post some bouzouki jokes now.... they make about as much sense as bodhran jokes. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it made sense.

    Meanwhile go post a bouzouki joke or something, slacker! :-P

    ReplyDelete