Friday, April 14, 2006

Hell & Damnation!!!

Went to a house session last night.

(That's not what I'm cursing. The session itself was fun - like minded folks sittin' around trying to remember Irish tunes we haven't played in years, and havin' a grand time).

What I'm cursing is the fact that my beloved bodhran has a pin-hole in it!!!

I'd noticed that there was a very small, very thin spot in the skin up near the rim. I'd avoided that area like the plague, taking care not to play that part of the drum, but despite that, a pin-hole showed up anyway!

Fuck!!!!!!!

I was looking forward to playing it at the Macktown Gathering in a couple of weekends. I'll have to take my "inferior" bodhran and pray that it doesn't crap out on me.

(It's very sensitive to humidity, to the point that when I try to play it outside, it's like smacking a plastic trash bag if there's more than 20% humidity in the air).

What can I do? I've emailed Mr. Kearns, just in case there's something he can tell me and/or do to remedy this situation. I've only had my bodhran since Jan. 2nd, for fucksake!

Ya know what? I know it's a day of fasting (Good Friday and all), but I'm gonna drink some Jack n' Coke.

(It's still fasting if you're not chewing, right?)

Besides, I have yet to blog whilst drunk, so I'll be giving that a go.

Soon.

Within mere moments, in fact.

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment