Monday, June 23, 2008

With Love (I'm sure) From Petey

That sonofa..... I mean, my good friend Petey smacked me with this meme, & nice guy that I am...... aww Hell, here it is:

The rules:

1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

====================================================================

What were you doing five years ago?

I was working as a temp making rotary brakes. Exciting, eh?

What are five things on your to-do list for today?

1) Go to work
2) Come home to work (dishes, laundry, kids' baths, etc...)
3) Go down to Contagion's to fill out the online registration for Theatiki (seeing as how my 'puter's a piece of shit & barely able to handle this blog). I should probably ask him first, of course.....
4) Fill out this freakin' thing
5) Go to bed, so I can repeat steps 1 & 2.... into perpetuity.....

What are five snacks you enjoy?

1) Those Reese's Granola bars with the peanut butter on 'em
2) The Wife's cookies. Doesn't matter which ones; peanut butter, chocolate chip, peanut butter- chocolate chip, etc...
3) Peanut butter & honey sandwiches (are you seeing a pattern)
4) Cheese, the stinkier the better!
5) corn chips with salsa

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

1) Get one or two off-shore accounts
2) Pay off my & my family's debts
3) Donate a goodly portion to Catholic Charities, the Boy Scouts, the Red Cross & whatever other worthy charities I can think of, all anonymously. I have ALWAYS wanted to do that -- drop a couple thou in a small church's collection plate, & walk away.... That'd be the BEST!
4) Get the fuck out of Rockford!!!
5) Take The Wife & kids to Scotland, Ireland, & England for a year... maybe longer

What are five of your bad habits?

1) Smoking cigarettes... a pack & a half a day now...
2) I drink a lot -- A LOT -- of Coke. I'm working on sticking to Diet Coke as of today
3) I get pissed easily, especially at fucking morons who don't know how to fucking drive!
4) I have a slight tendency to curse.... &
5) Sometimes I understate facts

What are five places where you have lived?

1) Roodhouse, IL. Born there, left there at the soonest opportunity
2) Ft. Benning, GA. All too briefly.. Long story & I'll not repeat it
3) Jacksonville, IL. For the one year I went to MacMurray College & thereby met The Wife
4) Champaign-Urbana, IL. Where The Wife & I lived after we married
5) Rockford, IL. God help me...

What are five jobs you’ve had? (a short list)

1) Security guard (briefly)
2) Fork truck driver in a warehouse
3) Machine set-up/operator in a paint/colorant factory
4) Machine operator for a brake manufacturer (very briefly)
5) Truck driver

Now I know I'm supposed to pass this on to five other people, but I know from experience that by the time I get these meme things, all my close friends have already gotten 'em, so what'd be the point?

This one was one the better ones: nothing nasty &/or nothing that was nobody's goddamned business....

There's that cursing problem....

4 comments:

  1. At least it got you to put up a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Coke, I'm sure you've already heard, but if you can find it, get the Diet Coke w/Splenda (different than "regular" diet coke) - seriously, you probably won't even be able to tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petey: I *knew* that's why you did it.. :-)

    Shadoglare: I keep hearing that about Splenda, I really should try it. Although diet coke doesn't taste as vile as I once thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, my printer is dead. You can come over and stare at the application online!

    ReplyDelete