Friday, August 12, 2005

The Never Ending Search For. . . . . Whatever.

I came back to Rockford 3 days ago after working for most of the summer for the Quincy, IL. Park District.
(What's that have to do about a "never ending. . . . whatever"? I'll get to it).
There were several reasons I went to Quincy, most of which are none of your business. One reason was because there was a JOB there, and it was better for me to work THERE than to languish at home and be a general terror to The Wife and Offspring.
Well, now that I'm back, I'm on The Never Ending Job Search, (see, I told you I'd get to it).
I went out today to 6 different places. I was given 1 application. I guess that's still an *O.K.* start, but, you know. . . . .
I've been working on being patient, optimistic, and just less stressed out and angry than I've been in the past, and seeing as I've gone 3 whole days without going berrrrserk on anyone, I think I'm making progress.
(So who's going to start the pool on how it long it will take before I eat somebody?)
In the past, I would go berrrrserk after a day of job hunting like today: yell at the Offspring, yell at The Wife, kick the dog, and just be bloody awful, but not today, and it feels really good NOT to be that angry.
Patience, now, is a whole 'nother thing, you know that whole God-give-me-patience-NOW! thing?
Well, I've got a whole weekend to strategize (sp?) and plan for next week, so wish me luck!
Roll on.

2 comments:

  1. Anger is like jello for the soul. Yeah, it may taste good, but you're just as empty after having eaten it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and it's left such a bad taste in my mouth for so long. I'm done with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete