Friday, April 21, 2006

It's Only *Mostly* Dead.

I wrote in an earlier post (Hell & Damnation!) that my bodhran grew a hole in itself. So I found the receipt,

(Miracle of Frreakin' Miracles! My dumb ass almost never keeps those things!)

and I emailed Roundstone.

I got a response that, while satisfactory, is odd in a kind of cool way.

First, the odd part: I was advised to take a small piece of strong plastic and super-glue it over the back of the pin-hole.

Just thinking about it, I know that will work - c'mon, it's goat skin and super-glue! - even though it sounds like a bullshite solution.

And the cool part: If it doesn't work (or in their words, "if it's not satisfactory", meaning if it does work but I still don't like it), they'll work with me, which means they'll replace it.

I love Roundstone!

By the way, some bodhran trivia: A leading cause of pin-holes appearing in bodhran skins is......

*drum roll*....

Insect bites inflicted while the goat was alive.

Interesting, huh?

*chirrup, chirrup, chirrup....*

Damn crickets.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe it was a cricket bite? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *mumble mumble...*
    ...feckin' crickets....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "MMMm, crickets" *licks lips*

    Wait...no..I meant, "Mmmmm, goat"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "MMMm, crickets" *licks lips*
    Wait...no..I meant, "Mmmmm, goat"

    LOL..... I mean..... Eeewww! ;^)

    ReplyDelete