Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hit And Run

Some bastard hit my car! While it was parked! In front of my house!

I'd just come inside from having a smoke on the front porch & watching the thunderstorm. I took off my jacket & shoes, & had just sat down in my chair when my phone rang.

It was my neighbor, telling me that a white Neon had just shot down our street, hit my car, & took off up Woodruff, toward downtown.

Son of a bitch!

I went out & looked. The dumb fuck jacked up the trim on my door, took out the glass in my mirror, & readjusted the front bumper to an interesting new angle.

He also left behind his passenger side mirror, which I took inside to give to the police officer.

The Rockford police officers arrived in record time (for them), 45 minutes later, & while filling out the report, asked if I wanted the driver arrested.

Uhhh.... Yeah!

If
they ever find the fucker!

I gave my information, told them what happened, & gave them the mirror assembly from the Neon. I also told them what the pizza guy across the street saw, & they said they'd find him & ask him some questions. They also interviewed my neighbor.

I have no delusions that they'll ever find this sack of shit. Hell, I doubt they'll even actually look for the prick!

What the fuck's wrong with wanting to park in front of my house without some jack-off vandalizing it or hitting it?

Ya know, this car may be a piece of shit, but it's my piece of shit! It's a 1989 Honda Civic that The Missus bought when she was 18. It has no muffler, no exhaust system to speak of, & sounds like an old army jeep. Actually, it sounds like it has one of those glass pack mufflers, only I didn't have to shell out the dough to make it sound that way....... It's just not worth spending the money to make it sound nice.

And I like setting off car alarms as I drive down the street.

Because the car's so old, I only have enough insurance to keep it legal. Just liability. The problem is, also because it's so old, the damage is just about equal to its value. I can't afford to fix it & I don't know how the hell I'm gonna replace it. The big problem is that I need it!

It figures that, just when we get caught up financially, something just has to happen to drive us back into debt.

Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now. I'm gonna go take some muscle relaxants and some proscription-strength ibuprofen for the pulled muscle in my back.

Another story, not worth telling.


Please
tell me things will get better........





3 comments:

  1. So. What.

    It would be worth more than my car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll get better... It sucks, if you said it was a white impala, I'd actually have an idea of who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the bitch across the street who doesn't know what a "stop sign" is & who barrels down the street at upwards of 40 mph?

    ReplyDelete