Monday, April 16, 2007

I'd Rather Be Working...

But here I am. At home.

I like what I do - I enjoy driving all over the place, delivering goods that folks need all around the country. I love the fact that I can drive a truck by myself, with no one breathing down my neck, telling me what I'm doing wrong & being a general pain in my ass.

At least, I like it when I can do it!

For the past couple of months, we drivers had been told that the company's gained some new clients & that some of our existing clients were expanding, meaning that we would be moving more freight than last year.

Great!

Where the fuck is it!!??

Nobody knows.......

All I know is, I'm not making any money sitting here at home

(or sitting in the shop. I can - and have - sat at the shop all day long & not made a dime 'cause nothing's moving.)

I absolutely HATE the idea of having to find yet another, different job!

It's just depressing to me, because I know the only things available to me are meaningless factory jobs, or working on shipping docks.

(Now, I know there are some who enjoy their factory or dock jobs & that's GREAT! I'm just not one of them.)

Unfortunately, what I REALLY want to do for a living isn't available to me at all.........

Being a singer and bodhranii in a Celtic band.

Pfffah. That's a dead dream.....

Oh well, I should get on with the oh-so-fulfilling laundry as long as I'm home.

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment