Friday, February 29, 2008

And Now....













Heeeere's Sqeaks! Fresh out of the box....

So to speak....

Nurse Sarah (a fantastic nurse, BTW) took this picture not 30 seconds after he was born, at 5:39 pm, on the 22nd of February.















This picture was taken roughly an hour before Squeak's blessed arrival, just before The Wife was taken to surgery, after more than 24 hours of hell.

(We're smiling in anticipation of this crap being OVER!) Note the funny blue hat. ;-) I wanted to keep the scrubs shirt, but the nurses wouldn't let me.















"Oh man, I can finally stretch out!"

Not ten minutes after he was born, Sqeaks was taken to the nursery where they put him the baby warmer, put a teddy bear-shaped sensor on his belly, an ID bracelet on his arm, & a security monitor on his ankle.














"Done and done!"

The Wife with Squeaks. I think she looks pretty good considering what she went through.

She tends to disagree, but then, she would.

Love you, Honey! :-x














Here's Snoofy, Big Sister x3. She's especially protective of Squeaks. She growled at me.... growled at me.... when I went to take him away from her!














This is Magoo with her new baby brother. She's so proud of herself when she's able to calm Sqeaks when he starts fussin'.

Magoo? Calming?! Strange but true. I'm proud of her, too.














And this is Smooth (formerly "Baby Boy"). I think he's the most excited of all the younglings, 'cause he's not just a younger brother anymore; he's a BIG brother now!














The proud Da with his youngest (and last) youngling.

I was a cute kid, too..... wtf happened, I don't know. All I know is, I look like my dad

(minus the hair: hair's over-rated!)

and if I showed you a picture of me when I was two years old, and a picture of Smooth at the same age, you'd have a hard time telling which is which. I did!
















The whole Bodhran Family.


God bless, ya'll!

9 comments:

  1. Good looking boy you have. There must be some Scottish in his blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to make sure I come down once things settle down a bit for you guys!

    Oh, and tell your wife that she'll start feeling much better at or around the two week mark, but once the nerves start to grow back it'll get all tingly and itchy, but you can't feel it to scratch the itch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contagion: Yeah, just a *wee bit*...
    ;-)

    Ktreva: Come down whenever you want. You *know* you guys are always welcome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...just beautiful! h~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ~h. I kinda think so, too.
    But I have to admit bias... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late but let me just say.....what a beautiful family Wes. Congratulations....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very late, but what a beautiful boy...and what a beautiful family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete