Thursday, August 18, 2005

Fun At Bath Time.

It was my turn to bathe the two youngest offspring, M (4 year old tomboy) and SP (2 year old boy who is regularly called by 1st and middle name). J is 8 and can wash quite well by herself, thank you.

M was first. Here was the conversation with her:

"Daddy?"
"Yes, honey."
"Do I still have a crack?"
*silence*
"You mean on your backside, right?"
"Yeah."
"Yeeeaaah, you still have a crack on your backside."
"Oh, okay!"

SP's was even better!

"Da?", he asked, looking down.
"What, baby boy", I asked, half dreading the impending question.
"Is that my penis?"
*silence, followed by stifled chuckling*
"Uh, yep, that's yer penis."
"Oh."
Then I thought I'd teach him a new word.
"And that's yer scrotum."
" 'crotum?"
"Yep", I confirmed, trying not to laugh (after all, I started it).
"Oooooh!"
"Okay, stop playing with it. You'll get owies."
" 'K."

Ah, the joys of being a Da!

2 comments:

  1. She's working on it tonight, as Blogmomma stopped by to help (and eat my last chesseburger).

    ReplyDelete