Thursday, April 06, 2006

Finally! Something To Be Excited About!

Hell yeah, I'm excited! I didn't think I'd be able to get in at this late date, but I'm goin' to Macktown!

I was all worried about not being able to go, and I shouldn't have been: you see, I was registered with Clan Chattan.

Apparently, someone didn't get the memo. Or this one, from the day after.

(What the hell, the person who registered me did so in good faith -- and since I don't think he ever goes on-line -- wasn't told I'd left. I'll thank him when I see him out there and 'splain things to him.)

Anyhoo, I called the Event Coordinator -- a lovely and gracious lady, to be sure -- thinking that I was way too late to register, and she told me that I was registered with the Clan.

(With a "C") Guess that line doesn't really work in print, huh?

>sigh<>non-drink related) and the EC knows of me, and likes what I do because.... well.... she allowed me to re-register as an independant after all.

The only thing that worries me - and some say I shouldn't be - is that I may need to be juried into this event since I'm on my own now. This is where the Booshway and/or Commitee Members come by my camp, check out what I'm doing in regards to: interacting with the public, costuming, what's in my kit, etc.

(In other words, making sure that I'm contributing to the event and not just sitting on my arse eating bacon all day!)

I'll probably need a photo of myself in period garb and my camp.

Some friends say I worry too much about this stuff, that I over-think things like this, and maybe they're right.....

I'm still nervous about it.

Well, I'm done boring y'all for now, so I'll get back at it later.

Maybe next week, maybe next month....

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... like you'll wait a week to post about re-enacting again... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick ass, indeed!

    I'll be out there Friday after 3 to set up so I'll see ya out there, Grau. :^)

    ReplyDelete